Self

Self

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Not An Intentional Lie

When I said I'd get my Mystery Swap in the mail last week I really thought I would. 'Things' just happened, and it didn't happen. I had everything ready to go except for a note on Friday and thinking that wouldn't take more than a minute to write I decided to wait until Sat. morning. Meantime I decided since I had everything gathered for the first package to my pal in the Spring Felted Bag Exchange I should go ahead and put it together and make one trip to the post office.

As you know, we live in a very small town and the post office doesn't open until ten o'clock on Saturday mornings, so I proceeded with putting my package together, writing my notes and eating strawberry shortcake. (Yum, the strawberries are so good and I still had pound cake from the one my son baked on Mother's Day, with half and half trickled over it for moisture and real whipped cream.) Everything done and at 1:10 off to the post office I go, plenty of time before they close at 2:00. I pull into the parking lot and walk up to the door with my packages and guess what, they closed at noon.

Now tell me, why would a post office open for only two hours in the middle of the day? To top that, Mr. Rō went to buy a battery for the garage opener. We do have a Radio Shake in our small town, located 'inside' our new (the second one) drug store to find they also close at noon on Saturday. I'm not sure what this all means; are small towns so slow they don't have enough customers to stay open on Saturday afternoons, or are they so busy they have to close to attend some function; there was a Lawn Mower Race taking place at the fairgrounds yesterday.

All that said, the two packages are in the front seat of my car waiting to be mailed first thing on Monday morning. Look out ladies, two of you have a package coming next week.

In finished knitting the body of the purse I've been knitting on off and on last week. Today I will get the strap knitted and it will be ready to felt. I had no idea this bag was going to be so large before it is felted and still can't envision it shrinking to the size the pattern states the bag should be. This is one huge bag. I can't wait to see if finished.

My entrelac class was fun and I have the first two tiers knitted. Once you get the hang of all the turns the knitting goes fast, at least I think it is going to. I forgot the camera so will try and remember it the next time I go to the shop so I can get a picture of the stole to post.

I've been receiving quiet a few posted comments and e-mails from people reading my blog. Which of you are my secret pals?

No comments:

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks