Self

Self

Monday, May 21, 2007

Knitting Diary & DH's Cardigan

I decided today to update my hard disk knitting photos. A couple of years ago I decided to start a knitting diary and to keep a scrap of yarn, the label, dates of work, who project was for, etc and to make a photo of the work in progress and the finished item. Like so many things I start with good intentions, I have fallen behind and have had to catch up more than once.

For instance, the cardigan I knitted for DH last year lacked a photo of the finished project so today I pulled the sweater out and took the final photo. I knitted it with Jamieson's Chunky Shetland yarn and used a pattern from a back issue of Family Circle Knitting Magazine.


I took photos as I went along but finished knitting the sweater just about the time I started chemo-treatments and I never got the finished product cataloged.


I was pleased with the way it turned out and so was Mr. Rō.





I have several projects on the needles that I made photos of and I'll share them in the next few days. I do knit things other than bags; it just happens I have always loved 'pocketbooks' and shoes. I never get tired of a new bag or new shoes and have an overflow in my closet. I have given a lot away in the last few years and still have more than I need. What a wasteful person I am in those respects.

I had my first radiation treatment today. It was not bad or stressful in any way other than worrying about what side effects could happen. I'll just trust that everything is going to be alright, I believe that it will be. I didn't go to my knitting group tonight because I want to try and make sure there are no embarrassing surprises from the treatments, the Dr. forewarned me that there could be. Next Monday night will be a holiday weekend and there won't be any knitting, then throughout the summer our group will meet on Tuesday nights. The shop will be closed on Monday while the proprietor works with some of her own fleece, yarns, dying, and starting a label of her own. Doesn't that sound exciting? I wish her the best of luck.

I've let too much time pass since I had the group of ladies I taught to knit come out and knit with me. Spring is such a busy time for us and the iris get so much of our attention during April and May that it's hard to work everything in. I'm going to put a note on my mental calendar to call the group tomorrow and make a date for them to come out, perhaps over the weekend if they don't have holiday plans. Mr. Rō is busy cleaning and resealing the decks and if I'm lucky maybe he'll get the pool up and running by the weekend. We can sit, knit and relax by the pool and drink lemonade; the weather is predicted to be beautiful. Perhaps, Mr. Rō could be persuaded to grill for us and I can make a Strawberry Trifle with lots of good pudding and loads of real whipped cream. Yum!

2 comments:

picperfic said...

I admire the way you take your treatment in your stride..x
I laughed about your trials with your post office. So annoying though, all those closures and just 2 hours open on Sat? You do some beautiful knitting too, that cardi looks like it was a labour of love!

lori said...

HI! I'm just sort of blog-stalking everybody from the felted bag swap. Much good luck to you with your treatments. You have the best attitude, and that really is a big part of the healing. I'll be sending you lots of warm thoughts and good mojo. Keep us posted.

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks