Self

Self

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mystery Knitters Swap Ready TO GO

The one skein has been knitted for Cindi and the package for the WhoDuKnit Mystery Swap is ready to go except for one final item. My son made the suggestion while he was home for Mother's Day weekend and it was such a great idea that I decided to discarded the one I'd planned on using which means I have to make one more trip to a department store (probably tomorrow) before I mail the package. I am so pleased with the way this turned out that I have to knit another for myself but I want to use Nora's Kureyon, probably color 194. Wait too see the photo post at the end of this week and tell me what you think.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day, both my children were here and made a wonderful lunch for our families. Little Dariana had a ton of hugs and kisses for her grandmama and we played doll and I gave her the big lollipop that Althea sent her in the Knitter's Treat package she sent me. Here's a photo of her enjoying it.


I've almost finished knitting the purse I plan to take to our friend in NJ. This trip's date has changed to the first week-end in June because of the weird weather we've had this spring; the irises will not be in full bloom at Presby's Garden until then. Should I find time I would like to knit a felted wine caddy for the husband, if not it will have to be wine in a gift bag.

Our week, last week, was really a busy one with our garden being at peak bloom. We had guest to visit everyday except on Tuesday (Dr. appt. day) meaning we needed to keep the lawn (weeds) cut, the garden dead-headed, and the porch ready for resting. That too means making sure there is a beverage to offer and a clean bathroom at all times, just in case. I put in a new border perennial bed last week also and planted tall phlox, hardy asters, platycodon, dianthus, coreopsis, hardy salvia, digitalis and crocosmias. At last I've made a start on the garden. We've had 16 yards of soil from the bottom of a drained 'fish pond' delivered to use building beds and to add to the vegetable garden. Lots of work to be done this summer providing my treatments allows me to continue working outside. This fall we will add trees and shrubs, and yes, I know this is backward planting in building a new garden but you do what you have to and I can't bear looking at the property with no flowers blooming for another year.

3 comments:

Boulder Knitter said...

Those grandchildren are just a delight to have around aren't they?? Hope your doctor's appointment goes good. My prayers and thoughts will be with you. Donna B

tracing said...

Cute photo!

Jane said...

Adorable children! Can't wait to see your mystery swap project!

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks