Self

Self

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Knitting and Partying

I was reminded by my 'mental note' to contact some of my knitting friends and arrange a get together. It turns out everyone had plans for the weekend, from going to visit family to kitchen renovation, so one of the ladies suggest June 9th for a visit and to celebrate birthdays, hers on the 5th and mine on the 7th. We will make it into a party day and I'll make a lunch or brunch for the patio; and we'll eat cake too. I'll teach them the S-cord which I just learned myself, for using on a new knitted purse. A purse was the first project that we did together when I was teaching them to knit after they first knitted beddie slippers. This group of ladies can do some knitting and we all have a favorite thing to knit. One lady knits prayer shawls, two or three a week, and keeps them on hand to hand out to sick or to sadden people. She gave me a beautiful fuchsia, cabled shawl to wrap-up in while I took chemo and although I had many shawls, this one is special and I always feel her closeness when it is wrapped around me. I'll keep you posted on our party.

I'm posting a couple of my OTN projects today. I really do have to get busy and work on these two. I put my own knitting off to knit for others, which I enjoy doing. Since these are usually small projects I will think I can knit it up quickly and then work on the jacket but before I get to the jacket something else always finds its way onto my needles. I'm sure I'm not the only knitter with this problem. I can say this, neither of the projects has been on the needles for longer than a year but I do have the crocheted afghan called Sea Peach that has been on the needle for over three years. That’s because I decided to knit again. I do want to finish the afghan, it is a beautiful thing done on a big size P needle with two strands of yarn and triple crocheted shells that puff. I don't know how logical it is to crochet something like this afghan because I feel sure it will snag easily, but it certainly makes a beautiful afghan.


And here's the latest purse, its almost completed now, just have finish knitting the S-cord strap, then felt it. Guess who may be getting it? It could belong to my pal in the Spring Felted Bag Swap, or, it could be going to a friend. Wait and see!


Today Mr. Rō got up saying he had to go to town. Since he hates shopping and I picked up an extra gallon of deck stain for him yesterday, I am able to guess what he has gone for. Our anniversary is Monday and he's always generous on our anniversaries. I too, have to go shopping before the weekend is over. My family will be celebrating a birthday or anniversary almost every week for the next two months starting with our anniversary. My daughter and I have June birthdays as well as Mr. Maestro, DH and son have July birthdays, then my daughter's anniversary is in July, and her husband's birthday falls in August. Little Dariana's birthday isn't until November but we celebrate her joining our family on July 4th. That's the day we flew to Guatemala and she was put into our arms. She's truly a joy and worth celebrating with two birthdays.

My treatments are going well so far and I expect them to continue that way. Thank each of you who has added a comment to my blog and for the e-mails I've received with your warm thought and encouragement. I do appreciate each one of them.

2 comments:

lori said...

I was adopted, so I, too, get a birthday on June 3, and a celebration on June 18. The June 18th celebration means far, far more to me than the birthday. Happy Anniversary to y'all!!

Jane said...

That's a pretty purse! We have a lot of summer birthdays too. My three children and my three grandchildren all within one month of each other, plus my daughter's anniversary.

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks