Self

Self

Sunday, August 5, 2007

What I Have and Have Not Knitted

Below is a little survey of what I have or have not knitted and of things I would like to knit in the future. It's been around for awhile I think, I've seen it on other blogs, so I decided to add it here. Maybe it will help some of my partners in the exchanges I participate in. Some of you other knitters that enjoy the exchanges might enjoy adding it to your blog also.

That said, let me make a couple of other comments.
  • I am not a sock knitter, I've never knitted a pair of socks, really; but, I plan to knit a pair at some point in the future just so I can say 'I've knitted socks'. I personally can't justify spending the amount of money or of time making a pair of socks that I can go buy three pairs for less than what the yarn cost for one pair. I DID SAY 'PERSONALLY'. On the other hand, I'd love to receive a pair of hand knitted socks, I've never worn any. Perhaps it would change my mind and I'd become addicted to hand-knitted socks.
  • I have knitted (tried that is) with both wire and with beads. I didn't enjoy doing either. I think beads are very pretty accents on a knitted sweater, shawl, or bag, but as far as knitting a piece of jewelry with them, it's not my cup of tea.
  • I do not bead - but I do appreciate all the wonderful markers that I've received (don't really need any more)
  • Although I have yet to knit a 'project' using the new fiber yarns that are on the market, I can hardly wait to put something on my needles.
  • Things I really adore knitting are brimmed hats and bags and especially fulling them. Next would be cardigans. I've only completed two. one for hubby and one for grand-daughter and there are two others currently on my needles (these are for me).
  • I have designed and knitted a shrug and a shawl that I think are worthy of a pattern and being published but I haven't found the necessary time to sit down and write a good pattern.
  • I love knitting for others, sisters, nieces, good friends and good causes.
  • I love learning new stitch patterns, finishing techniques, or doing something I haven't done before. For some reason I've never knitted cables and I really must try to accomplish that. I think the reason is I'm not particular fond of cables on sweaters, bags, etc . so I always look for a pattern that doesn't have them. The same goes for Fair Isle Knitting.
  • I'm a Gemini all the way. Impulsive, changeable, doing a dozen things at once (or trying to), and mind always working in overtime.

Mark with bold the things you have ever knit, with italics the ones you plan to do sometime, and leave the rest.

  • Afghan
  • I-cord
  • Garter stitch
  • Knitting with metal wire
  • Shawl
  • Stockinette stitch
  • Socks: top-down
  • Socks: toe-up
  • Knitting with camel yarn
  • Mittens: Cuff-up
  • Mittens: Tip-down
  • Hat
  • Knitting with silk
  • Moebius band knitting
  • Participating in a KAL
  • Sweater
  • Drop stitch patterns
  • Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
  • Slip stitch patterns
  • Knitting with banana fiber yarn
  • Domino knitting (=modular knitting)
  • Twisted stitch patterns
  • Knitting with bamboo yarn
  • Two end knitting
  • Charity knitting
  • Knitting with soy yarn
  • Cardigan
  • Toy/doll clothing
  • Knitting with circular needles
  • Baby items
  • Knitting with your own handspun yarn
  • Slippers
  • Graffiti knitting (knitting items on, or to be left on the street)
  • Continental knitting
  • Designing knitted garments
  • Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
  • Lace patterns
  • Publishing a knitting book
  • Scarf
  • Teaching a child to knit
  • American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
  • Knitting to make money
  • Button holes
  • Knitting with alpaca
  • Fair Isle knitting
  • Norwegian knitting
  • Dying with plant colours
  • Knitting items for a wedding
  • Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies...)
  • Knitting socks (or other small tubular items)on two circulars
  • Olympic knitting
  • Knitting with someone eles's handspun yarn
  • Knitting with dpns
  • Holiday related knitting
  • Teaching a male how to knit
  • Bobbles
  • Knitting for a living
  • Knitting with cotton
  • Knitting smocking
  • Dying yarn
  • Steeks
  • Knitting art
  • Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously
  • Fulling/felting
  • Knitting with wool
  • Textured knitting
  • Kitchener
  • BO
  • Purses/bags
  • Knitting with beads
  • Swatching
  • Long Tail CO
  • Entrelac
  • Knitting and purling backwards
  • Machine knitting
  • Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegating yarn
  • Stuffed toys
  • Baby items
  • Knitting with cashmere
  • Darning
  • Jewelry
  • Knitting with synthetic yarn
  • Writing a pattern
  • Gloves
  • Intrasia
  • Knitting with linen
  • Knitting for preemies
  • Tubular CO
  • Freeform knitting
  • Short rows
  • Cuffs/fingerless mits/armwarmers
  • Pillows
  • Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
  • Rug
  • Knitting on a loom
  • Thrummed knitting
  • Knitting a gift
  • Knitting for pets
  • Shrug/bolero/poncho
  • Knitting with dog/cat hair
  • Hair accessories
  • Knitting in public

No comments:

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks