Self

Self

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Playing In The Yarn Stash

I have to hurry and get this posted if I get everything done that needs to be today. It's late afternoon and I still haven't gotten in the pool for my exercises yet and I haven't picked up my knitting needles today either. I've spent the biggest part of this afternoon cutting grass. The downpours we had a couple of nights last week wasn't enough to allow some of the surrounding counties to have their water rationing lifted, but it was just enough to cause the grass to grow at a rapid pace. It hasn't been a full week since I rode the mower an entire afternoon cutting while DH used the hand mower and weed-whacker. I will have to cut outside the fence out back tomorrow, I gave out of steam today. The only other thing I've done today worth a toot was answer some e-mails and do a bit of straighten up around the house. I did sit awhile with my neighbor when she came over this morning.

Yesterday I pulled out a bunch of my wool yarns to see what I had on hand and if I had enough for all the projects I'm getting ready to start. Yes, I'm going to start a few more since the stole is progressing along well and the afghan has had a few more rows added to it. I played in the yarn putting colors up against each other and stacking and re-stacking to see if I could come up with a different color combination that would be exciting. I declare, it was as much fun as playing house used to be. I was surprised at how many different shades of purple, plum, grape, etc. I have. Although I like purples, I didn't realize I have more yarn in that color than any other. Next was ecru but that wasn't a surprise to me. I like the neutral ecru alone or especially in combinations with browns. After I'd played in the yarn, I pulled out a couple of books and wished awhile and I really enjoyed looking through 200 Knitted Blocks again by Jan Eaton. I've had in the back of my mind to someday make a knitted quilt using these designs as squares. It is so easy for me to while away time looking at knitting books and magazines.

I have to post my questions and answer for the contest being held by the Fall Felted Bag Exchange. Don't want to be left out; it has to be posted by Sept. 2nd. All the exercise I am getting here is in the fingers, now I must go kick my legs awhile before I make dinner. Tonight its is going to be lasagna.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Mmmm, lasagna! I'd love to stop by your house - smell fresh cut grass, sit and visit, and then eat lasagna! Have a great night!

Rae said...

Thank you for all the wonderful comments! Isn't playing in the yarn stash fun! And going through your older magazines and knitting books. It's like going down memory lane!!

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks