Self

Self

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Entrelac Stole

I'm working on the entrelac stole using Nora's
Silk Garden yarn. The colors are beautiful I think although I'm not sure if I like the yarn for something I plan to wear; it is a bit scratchy. I've only used two skeins of the nine that was called for so I still have a long way to go but it does move along rather quickly once you sit down with it. I should have it finished in plenty of time to enjoy this fall, providing I don't give it to a sister; if I do, then she can enjoy it.

I prepared tomatoes and other vegetables this morning for vegetable soupso the tomatoes wouldn't go to waste. Mr. Ro helped me ladle it into the jars and get them ready for the canner. We canned 10 pints and had a bit left over for lunch. I'll be glad we made it this fall and winter when a bowl of hot soup will be so good.
I received my dishcloth from the quarterly exchange yesterday. My partner was from Oregon state and she knitted the Fan and Feather pattern for my cloth and used the new S&C stripes yarn. There was also a magnetic photo frame and a magnet for the frig. Thank you Mary. I sent my cloth out last week so my downstream pal should be getting it on Monday or Tuesday of this week. I'll post a photo after she receives it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your shawl is looking very nice! I agree that most Noro yarn is a bit scratchy, though. Maybe it'll soften up after a nice soak in some wool wash.

What a pretty dishcloth from your pal; I didn't know that S&C is carrying striping yarn - I'll have to check that out.

I am your Secret Pal Spoiler and I'll be keeping up with your blog posts (and reading prior ones) so that I can learn about you and spoil you properly :-)

Your Secret Pal

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks