Self

Self

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Knitting Christmas Around The World

Gosh, do I ever have a boxful of goodies to show you today. My upstream partner in the Christmas Around the World Exchange has spoiled me this time for sure.
Karen had sent me an e-mail saying the package was going to be late that she was working on something. Christmas came and went, then another note saying she waiting on something to dry but that it would be delivered before the end of the Twelve Days Of Christmas and that she thought I'd be pleased and think it was worth the wait. Well, I AM PLEASED and it was Worth the Wait. Karen you have been so generous with your giving and that in it's self means as much as the items in the box. Thank you for both, you kind and generous heart and the wonderful goodies you chose for me. This is what I had to wait for, do you think it was worth the wait?

I certainly think so. The bag is gorgeous and big and the fabric is nice and heavyweight, knitted with double strands throughout. It has a beautiful lace design all around the top of the bag and the color is perfect too. Thank you Karen for all the time you took to make something for me that you knew I'd enjoy. I stuck some items on top of my 'stuff' (I'm already using the bag) to hold it open so you can see a bit of the lacy part. I'm sure it will get lots of wear. (That's Mr. Maestro peeping in the door.)
Before I got to the bag, which was laying flat on the very bottom of the bag, look at all the other things I pulled out. And just as dear as all the wonderful items, was a handwritten note attached to each one of them - so special. There was knitting stuff, food stuff, music and lots of other goodies. It was like having Christmas again. Thank you Karen,for making my day special.

I've been so busy this week that I haven't had time to blog. I missed my Monday and Tuesday night knitting and haven't accomplished much this week at all. I did sit down last night and added a few rows to the intarsia bag I'm knitting on and I did pick up the Lily Chin jacket I've been playing with for two years. I still don't have gauge on it and I've tried every size needled and different type needles from the 10 1/2 that it calls for, to a size 8. The needle size hasn't made much difference. I've steamed my test pieces and steamed using a wet cloth. I must be the only person in the world that can't knit this simple stockingknit pattern? Is it because of the stretchy yarn I wonder?
Anyway, I hope to get back in the swing with my blogging and knitting for the next few weeks. Spring will soon be here and we all know that means I will be spending a lot of time in the iris gardens.

1 comment:

dragon knitter said...

and i can't wait to see gardening pics! my grandma had irises, so they're one of my favorite spring time flowers

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks