Self

Self

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Knitted Vest and Bag Completed Last Week

I'm back home and it feels good.
As I drove up the drive last night and into the garage I felt giddy just to be back home. Although I'd only been gone a week, the last few months have been so hectic driving up and down the interstate for one reason or another, home seems like a bit of heaven to me right now.

My sister seems to have a bit more strength now that she has gotten a shot to help build her red blood cells and medication to clear up the sinus infection. Now we pray she will be able to get the house sold soon and can make that move to be near her daughter. I'm also hoping she will be able to keep herself well enough and strong enough to continue living alone with her friends checking in on her daily and the family's phone calls. My older sister is still in the hospital but is able to sit up a bit now. The blood clot is still in her artery and there seems to be no change in what the doctors can do for her. It isn't a pleasant situation.


I got a good bit of knitting done last week while sitting in waiting rooms and after dinner each night. I finished knitting the Melly bag but still have to stitch the front pocket up and put the straps in place. I'm pleased with the way the knitting turned out, just hope the fulling will work out as well. I didn't add the pocket knitted to the inside because I plan to line the bag and will add a pocket or two to the lining. The outside pocket isn't quite as wide as I thought it would be once knitted, but I think it will stretch out just fine when I stitch it down. I also completed the finishing work on the vest I knitted a couple of weeks ago and wore it a couple of times last week when I drove my sister to her appointments. It is nice, warm, and light weight, just what I enjoy. I am a coat lover only in the sense of owing them because of their color, style, or material, I do not enjoy wearing coats unless it is absolutely freezing. I don't like the weight or the confinement of a coat. That is probably the reason I love shawls so much and yes, I also wore my entralac stole a couple of times last week.

Today has been a day for not doing much and just relaxing around the house. Dear Dariana came out for a while and we had a tea party with cheese, pepperonis, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on party bread. Just the right size sandwich for her tiny fingers. She has a little table cloth and apron that my sister made for her while she was here and that gets spread on grandma ma's coffee table before she sets out her teapot, cups and plates. She is so delightful to watch and listen to; so attentive to her tea guest. What a joy she is.

I still haven't gotten around to working on my Ravelry records, something that I really wanted to have done before now. There should be more time for those kinds of things now that the weather is colder. Right now. beside all the illness in our family, I have a sun room to re-decorate and plans to do something with the floors in the remainder of the house. When we bought this house it was carpeted and I'm not fan of carpeted floors in my home. Our plan is to have it pulled out and replaced with wood floors. Trying to get all this taken care of in the next couple of months may still leave me with little time for Ravelry or knitting.

I had DH make a couple of photos of the alpaca vest but they are far to dark to post so will have to make another try at it tomorrow. I do want to share but tonight I feel really sleepy and tired so plan to say good night and get ready for bed. Tomorrow is another day. I have several things on my agenda we can probably find time for a couple of photos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Please remember to take some time, even a couple of minutes, each day just for YOU.

Anonymous said...

When we moved into this house almost two years ago, there was carpet in the bedrooms upstairs. We're not carpet fans either, so we replaced it with bamboo. It was much cheaper than oak or another traditional hardwood and is a renewable resource. We're very happy with how it looks and is holding up as well.

Anonymous said...

When we bought our house, the living room and our bedroom were covered in yucky 70's avocado green carpet. The two spare rooms had lovely old polished wooden floors.

So far, we've ripped up the ugly carpet in the living room, and the difference was astounding! The big job is the bedroom, as we have to move our big queen bed to do that.

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks