Self

Self

Saturday, September 1, 2007

SP-11 - Contest #2

# 2 Contest – SP-11

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
It would have to be needles and yarn since they are the necessary components for knitting – besides, I do love a pair of good needles and I'm always looking for a brand or material different that those I already have. I love my ball winder and swift and would hate to be without either of those but I'd have to say 'the one thing' would be the good needles.

2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?
Yes, I always take my knitting and the project depends on what I'm working on at the time. Generally I take more than one project as well as materials for something new just in case I get bored. I usually slip in a few knitting books and magazines and a catalog or two also (be prepared).

3. Where have you traveled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
Probably some of the smaller countryside villages in Great Britain, but then I love theater so I can't leave out Niagara-on-the-Lake in Canada or Stratford, Canada for Shakespeare's theater productions. For nature and the outdoors I would have to say Costa Rica. Gosh I can't pick just one.

4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
Probably the one I go to most often when I'm looking for a 'how-to' is The Knitting Answer Book by Margaret Radcliffe and I do own it.


5. Do you listen to pod casts? Which is your favorite(s)?
I've listened to a few but I find they move to slowly and take too much of my time, I don't really enjoy listening.

6. If you could only knit with 1 color for the rest of your life, what color would that be?
What an awful thought, one color. I'd probably choose ecru being of the conservative nature. I'd want something that I could use with other colors but would still stand on it's own if used alone. Heaven's that would be so boring, lets add greens, purples, reds, and blues for variety.

7. If you were far into a project and then noticed a mistake near the beginning what would you do?
Cry! Then run to my FYS and beg for help.

8. Where is the most unusual spot you've ever knit?
I'll have to think on this one I've knit in so many different places. I've knitted on airplanes, trains, buses cars, and on a water ferry and a cruise ship. I've knitted in doctor and dentist offices, in the hospital waiting rooms and while in a hospital bed, at the cancer center and in a chemo-chair while taking treatments. I've knitted in vacations cottages, condos, and hotel rooms and the lobby. I've knitted at work, while visiting family and friends (no it wasn't rude and never looked rude; I am very conscious about those kinds of things) in a public garden and beside the pool. To me, none of these are unusual. My favorite spot to knit is beside the hearth in my recliner.

No comments:

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks