Self

Self

Friday, June 8, 2007

WhoDuKnit Mystery Package



Look what a nice package I received from Cindi, my upstream partner in the WhoDuKnit Spring Mystery Swap. There are all kinds of goodies in that bag, a beautiful scarf knitted from the skein of yarn I sent Cindi in March (she added to it you see, how nice),two books, can't wait to read Truelove & Homegrown Tomatoes, the title is very catching, a notepad with Earl Gray tea enclosed, lavender soap which I adore and Earl Gray tea with lavender blended in. Can't wait to try that. I love lavender cookies and lavender lemonade. Thank you Cindi for a great package, I'll think of you while enjoy the tea, when I wear the scarf, and when I smell that delicious lavender soap.

Time is slipping away from me and I have to get busy knitting on a couple of felted bags for swaps. I plan to start one tomorrow and will probably take one with me next week-end when we go to Boston for my DH to help judge an iris show. I'm planning to take Mr. Maestro with us so he and I will knit in the hotel room while the judging takes place. This show is for Siberian Iris, the bearded iris have finished the season on the southeastern coast.

My entrelac shawl is coming along nicely. Once I got the hang of the turns and triangles I find it is fun knitting. The silk garden is knitting up beautifully, I have to make a photo when I have a few extra minutes. Having to go for radiation at one o'clock every day really hangs things up for me. It seems I don't have time to accomplish much before I go or much once I am back home.

Yesterday was my BD and DH took me to a nice Piano Bar for dinner last night. The music was so pleasant and relaxing and we had a wonderful hostess and waitress and toward the end of the evening when the pianist learned it was my BD he played HBD to me and then Moon River, one of my very favorite tunes. It was a nice evening for both of us.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Great package! It was worth the wait!

Ger said...

Belated Happy Birthday to you. Love that package you got. I also loved my treat package that I received in KTE. Its such fun. Hope you feel better really soon too!

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks