Self

Self

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Knitted Bags, Cheesecake, And The New Puppy

Here's Artie, isn't he precious? He is 8 weeks old and is already weighing 14 pounds. He seems to be saying "what are you doing to me, I want to get down.

That throw over the chair is one I crocheted for my son about 15 years ago; I noticed it on the back of a chair when we visited him two weekends ago and was pleased to see he has taken such good care of it. I'm sure Artie won't be allowed to sit on it for long.

I had my last radiation treatment on Thursday, what a lot to be thankful for. Now I have to wait about 8 weeks to find out if it worked and if the remainder of the mass is all gone. I'm praying that it will be.

My WhoDuKnit pal received the bottle I mailed her earlier this week She is pleased with what I sent and it arrived at a good time to lift her spirits. She had worked a double shift that night and was dragging when she came home close to noon the next day. The bottle was waiting for her and with yarn for making socks. She loves knitting socks on size one needles. I sent her some lace weight merino from Elanne to knit her socks with. It must take forever to knit a pair on size one needles.

Yesterday I baked a cheesecake and I can't wait to get into it. It is a huge thing, taking three pounds of cream cheese and nine eggs, and a lot of waiting. First two hours of baking, three hours of resting, and then in the refrigerator for over-night so it can really set. When I'm ready to plate it later this morning, hubby will have to help me remove it from the pan and flip it because of its size and weight. Then the good part comes, cutting and eating it. I will take some over to my neighbors and send some home with my daughter when they come out later today. That will still leave enough to serve a couple of my gardening friends when they come out on Tuesday and to freeze a bit for next weekend when my knitting friends come to visit. I can easily get twenty slices from this big and rich cake.

I finished the bag I was knitting for the Spring Felted Bag Exchange and last night it went in for its hot bath. I'm pleased with it and glad I decide not to rip out the top. I decided to add a different color yarn for interest then about three rows into the chang I through I should rip it out, it was going to come out looking awful. After sitting and dreading taking out and putting back those slip stitches with ytb, ytf I said "to heck with it, its the only way to learn and if I have to throw it in the trash and knit another one, so be it". I didn't even knit straps because I was so sure it was going to be to ugly to use, but, I love it. The slip stitches and k2tog's left an interesting pattern and now I want to buy pretty black handles rather than knitting a cord strap. I plan to go to Richmond this morning and try to find what I have in mind since I let the time creep up on me and don't have time to order. The bag needs to go in the post on Monday. The other goodies are already in place so its just the bag to contend with, thank goodness. If I can't find the handles I have in mind I will have to knit the cord. I'll post a photo later.

The coffee pot is calling me to come have a last cup and then to get busy with all there is to do; Dariana is coming today.

1 comment:

SissySees said...

What a cute little fellow Artie is! Well, not so little... but... yeah. Sending happy thoughts your way for a clear, clean report on how the radiation worked!

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks