Self

Self

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Knitted Bowl



I failed to post a photo of the knitted bowl I made for the WhoDuKnit Spring Swap. That's it above filled with potpourri and setting on my chest. You can see the entire package I sent Cindi on her blog at http://2stxyrn.wordpress.com/

I was able to get some knitting done on the IV Tote Exchange over the weekend and should have something to post on their blog, http://internationaltotexchangeiv.blogspot.com/ this later this week.

Also this is ready to go to the post in the morning:
It was so much fun stuffing this bottle and I know I will get a good laugh when I take it to the post office. Our little village post office always has a line of patrons since it is the only post office in the county. You know how curious people are; its going to be so much fun watching everyone as they try to determine if I'm stupid or if my mental capacity is just a bit off.

We had a wonderful visit with my son on Friday night and a good trip to Baltimore on Saturday. It turned out to be a much longer day than we had planned for. We were up at 5:30 to drive from Arlington, around Washington DC on the by-pass, and get to the shopping center in the Baltimore suburbs by 8:30. The Iris show opened at ten o'clock and then the judging had to take place. This was a beardless show and DH's first attempt at judging such (We grow mostly bearded iris). After the judging there was lunch and then a trip to our Host's home to see his gardens and for DH to have some additional training. From there we drove deeper into the Maryland countryside to see our Hostess's garden. DH was quiet worry by this time of day and we still had to drive back to Arlington for Maestro and then home. We arrived home about eleven o'clock exhausted but knowing the exhausted came from a day enjoying what we are interested in and seeing some of our Maryland iris society friends once again.





Today has been a take-it-easy day. I rode the mower to cut grass then vacuumed the pool and hopped into it. Maestro joined me and we rode the noodles for about half an hour before lunch. Maestro can swim, but doesn't. He loves to drape across my arm or onto a noodle with me and float. He gets so relaxed that you can see him fighting to keep his eyes open. What a joy this little fellow is. I have a little jingle I sing to him while we swim, swim, swim; he is so at ease and so happy to be there with me.

Today DS called to say he was on his way home with a new puppy. Last year he had to put his yellow lab down after about a week in the hospital with no change in his health; he was diabetic. It has taken him time to decide he was ready for a new roommate. Today he rode out to the Shenandoah to look at a litter and one of them came home with him. He hasn't chosen a name for the pup yet but he was so excited to have found a new mate. Maestro is use to visiting and having all the attention; I'm know he is going to be jealous.

If all goes well, I will finish my radiation treatments this week. It was suppose to be completed on Wednesday but the oncology radiologist feels she should add two smaller treatments onto the end. I do hope when I have another scan in about six weeks that everything will be clear. I feel good and I'm confident that the tumor is going to be gone this go around.

No comments:

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks