Self

Self

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Knitted Face Cloths or Whatever



Our local knitting guild is knitting chemo hats for this weeks meeting. Since I enjoyed the pink and brown hat on my sidebar the most of any of the hats I wore, I've decided to knit it again for my contribution. I was looking through my photos and 'dishrag' yarn, and came across these face cloths so thought I'd post a picture. I've thought of making Dariana a quilt when she is older using the alphabet. She knows her alphabet now but isn't old enough to appreciate the hand knitted quilt.
I've also thought these cloths would make cute gifts for teenage girls to hang in their rooms, knitted with their initials, framed, and then add a pretty ribbon at the top for hanging by.

That's for another day, today I want to knit the hat and work on the purse that I frogged this morning. I could have salvaged it but decided it would take more time to do that than it would to start over. I've decided I need to add two additional stitch markers to keep me straight, it will also quicken the project.

I've cut Queen Anne's Lace from the roadside this morning and brought it in to enjoy on the family room table. On the kitchen counter I have a vase of cilantro that's in bloom (going to seed) which reminds me of the lacy affects of the Queen Anne's Lace. The cilantro smells so wonderful, I love the smell and the taste. When I made potato salad on Sunday night I chopped a tablespoon-full of cilantro and added to the diced potatoes along with some red onion, an egg, a bit of chopped celery, some sweet relish, a bit of mayo and a bit of sour cream, and a bit of herbed oil & vinegar. Yum was it good along side a grilled chicken. Yesterday for lunch I made grilled chicken sandwiches with a few squash pickles on top and a scoop of potato salad on the side. Still Yum.

I almost forgot. The bottle did put a twinkle in my eyes as I watched the line of people in the post office gaze discretely at my package. No one ask about it, only looked and smiled. When I got to the counter and laid the bottle on the scale the post-mistress said, "Oh look, this must have been a lot of fun". I had placed the bottle in a basket when I left home because I had to go for a radiation treatment before going to the post office. The temperature was near ninety degrees so I didn't dare leave the chocolates in the car. So basket with the bottle went inside with me. My radiation technicians had lots of questions, had to touch, and wanted to dip into the goodies. I must remember to take them a basket of goodies on Friday since that will be my last treatment I hope.

One last remark for today; New grand-baby and father doing fine. Father declares him to be the most beautiful baby there is and very smart; didn't use the bathroom in his kennel all night.

3 comments:

tracing said...

Good luck - I hope the treatments take care of everything and you are in the clear.

Anonymous said...

I hope it's your last treatment too!! I love your idea for the framed cloths - I think that's an awesome idea :D

hakucho said...

I saw your ruffled shawl on the side bar...very pretty. I really like the ruffles. I knit prayer shawls and I am not that fond of fringing them. Is your shawl the K3, P3 pattern? I'm almost finished with my latest one and I think maybe I might try a ruffle, too!! Thanks for the idea.

happy knitting :)

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks