Self

Self

Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm Going To Knitters Connection

Oh joy - I have registered for Knitters Connection 2008 to be held in Columbus, Ohio in June. It will be a birthday gift, June 7th. Nice timing isn't it? Originally I was planning to go to Stitches East in November but decided I could go to Knitters Connection in June for the entire four days and then take the day bus trip with my guild in November to Stitches East. That will be held in Baltimore, Maryland, about a three hour drive for us Richmonder's. I'm looking forward to both.

I have finished the back of the sweater from Nashua's Theatre series pattern that I started on Saturday and have cast on for the front. Sweater class will be this Sunday and I'd like to have one side finished in case I have questions about the lapel. I love the feel of the thick and thin Cocoon yarn and the way it knits up. I think I will enjoy wearing this sweater since it will be boxy and hopefully not to warm for me. I 'v always been a hot natured person so of course that means I want clothing that are cooler than most people.


The Melly bag has been completed except for the lining for a couple of weeks now. It turned out beautiful, don't you think? Now I have to buckle down and get it lined and a snap on it. The Wooten bag is also completed except for the lining and ready to ship to another sister. I've almost completed the round of bags for my seven sisters. The fabric below the bag is what I will use to line it with. I decide to change the I-cord handles from the two colors knitted together to just one color. I think they look nice on the bag and I love having that outside pocket.

Yesterday I had the port, from where I was given chemo-therpy, removed from my chest. It was somewhat a nasty procedure because the tube going into the vein of my neck had become lodged in the vein. The little port itself was also stuck and had to be pried, pulled and snipped away. There was a small tear which bled unmercifully because of me taking a blood thinner, although it has been more than a week since I last took it. The port had been in place for over eighteen months so I'm delighted to have it out and am anxiously awaiting the wound to heal and to no longer need to grab and cover it for protection when Dariana or Maestro decides to give me hugs and kisses.

We've having a wonderful rain today that is pitter-pattering outside my window. I think I will go have a restful nap so I can stay awake tonight to work on my sweater.

3 comments:

Miss Me said...

that is a lovely looking bag! and the lining fabric looks like it will be just perfect.
rain? what's that? is it a relative of SNOW???

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bag!

Congrats on the removal of your port!

jopal said...

Love the bag. Beautiful job. I received one in a Christmas swap from Nanacy and I love it!
The knitting convention sounds like fun. I am going for a knitting weekend in April and can't wait!

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks