Self

Self

Friday, February 29, 2008

Ravelry

I've spent a few minutes this morning over at Ravelry signing up for our Knitting Guild's Group, River City Knitters. Richmond adopted this slogan, River City, a few years back when they decided to use the famous James River to help revitalize the city. Like most inner-cities, Richmond had slid into decay and more crime than we like to admit. I am happy to know this is changing and lots of progress to re-organize and re-build the city is being made and is continuing to be worked on.

I was so anxious to be invited to join Ravelry during its beta period and I planned to get all my knitting and other needle works into one place. Here I am seven months later and still don't have anything accomplished. Lot of my projects, tools, yarns, etc. are documented, but scattered around in different files and different places. Now I need to take the time to organize everything and move it all over to Ravelry. I know it would be easier if everything is in one place. I have to find time soon to get this done; I do, I do.

Our new floors are almost in, probably today and perhaps one day next week and they should be finished. They look beautiful and they make the rooms look so much brighter. It will take me another week to put things back together once the floors are completed and while I'm working at it, lots of more things have to go. I've accumulated so much in my lifetime that things have become a nuisance rather than a pleasure to me. I've always loved beautiful things and enjoyed having them in our home and as part of our lives but it doesn't seem very important to us anymore. Perhaps it is age, perhaps its a different outlook on life after me going through Hodgkin's disease, or perhaps it just gets to be to much for one to take care of after a while. I'm not sure, but I keep boxing it up and giving it away.
Here's a photo of the young men laying our smaller bedroom floor. I've been bribing them with M & M's. I've saved them some Chile Verde that was smelling so good when they left today. I will use it as a bribe on Monday, "lunch on me if you get the second bedroom laid by lunch today". That shouldn't be too hard.

1 comment:

Miss Me said...

the floors are going to look great! and ravelry - well, you could spend your who life in there but sometimes its better to do other things... all in good time. : )

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks