Self

Self

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

This is an early post, 3:15 a.m., but I finished my sleep and saw no need to stay in bed. I thought I'd get up and knit but decided I was hungry so made coffee and a bacon biscuit to share with Maestro; I want to not disturb Mr. Rō. If you are wondering why I am up so early, it's because I went to bed at 5:30 pm yesterday - all because of knitting. Actually what happened is, I received my partner's name for the Knitter's Treat Exchange yesterday afternoon and realized I should get the package in the post before we leave on Sunday for GA. We'll be away a week and I'm afraid the treat package might not make it to my partner on time if I wait. I don't want this to happen and have my partner wondering if I've forgotten her. These exchanges are wonderful fun but for anyone that hasn't experienced having a partner that doesn't interact with you, it's frustrating. Anyway, I took off for the local gift shop and the village yarn shop. This is Monday and we are a small village, so the gift shop was closed meaning I would have to drive into the city to get what I had in mind. I skipped the LYS and made the 17 mile drive, bought the items I had in mind (I won't tell what they are in case I'm found out) and took a walk around the mall. This is the first time I've been to a mall since I had started chemo and even though I'm not in treatment right now, I still don't have a lot of energy. Earlier in the morning I had cleaned the bathroom's linoleum floor, this was also a first time and without realizing it most of my energy for the day had been used up. By the time I got home I was totally exhausted and after trying to knit for a few minutes I decided I'd take a rest. Instead of a rest, I went to sleep and slept the night away.

I left a message on my downstream partner's blog and my upstream partner has made contact with me. Thank you Partner, for posting to let me know you are there.

Our weather is still very cold and we've lost the buds on some of the iris that had begun putting out in this pre-season warm weather. Hopefully they will recover and our bloom will still be good this year. My bleeding hearts were beautiful and they seem to have held on since they are in a sheltered area. The Helleborus of course don't mind the cold and look none the worse from the snow. I haven't been out to the vegetable garden where we had just set out another 25 strawberry plants and 25 'sweet onion' plants mid-week. Mr. Rō says the strawberry plants look okay but the onions are a bit droopy. I bought dahlia bulbs last week hoping to get them in the ground, perhaps its best that I wait another few weeks.

Think I have another cup of coffee and sort through my knitting for the trip.
Seedlings up for transplanting in another few weeks.


2 comments:

J said...

We've also had some very cold weather here in Kansas. Many of the beautiful blooming plants didn't survive the frosts intact. And now there is snow predicted for the weekend! Crazy weather.

Hope you enjoy your visit to GA.

Anonymous said...

What are you growing for your garden?
we can't plant out until at least the end of May but I do have some things started........I can never wait!! :)

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks