Self

Self

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter 'Pocketbook'





This is a picture of my precious grand daughter in her little Easter dress and the 'pocketbook' that Grandmama-ma made for her. Isn't she cute, we adore her. I knitted the little bag and added a pink lining with kitty cats printed on it and filled it with candy, some change, and a bunny pen. I used velcro as a closure so that she could open and close the bag easily. Her mommie and daddy were taking her to the Easter Parade on the Avenues today to let her strut along with thousands of other people and their dressed up animals. It's a yearly event and always lots of fun with imaginative outfits (costumes), the Easter Bunny, music and dance, and of course lots of food vendors. I know she will have a grand time.

We had snow in Central VA, yesterday and it is so cold again; 21˚ at eight o'clock this morning. The sun is bright but it's mid-afternoon and still cold. The Easter Bunny won't hide too many eggs today I don't think.

I received a skein of yarn from my mystery swap partner this week and now have to figure out what to knit for her from one skein. It is Cascade wool so perhaps I'll knit something and then felt it. I love felting or fulling as some say, which is really the correct word but most people understand the word felting while not always understanding what fulling is. I 'm afraid the yarn I sent her isn't so forgiving as wool. I hope she won't mind too much. I sent a beautiful ball of On Line's Linie 11 Alpha yarn which is a DK weight. It was so soft and peachy I couldn't resist it.

I also bought some of Crystal Palace's Bamboozle this week thinking I would knit the socks on two needles with the whoduknit-knit-along. I haven't had time to start them so far but maybe before months end I will be able to begin them. The instructions for materials says Plymouth DK which I was unable to find in my area. I could have ordered, but needed to go by and see the women at my old LYS and of course that means buying something. The Bamboozle is beautiful and very soft. It is 55% bamboo, 24% cotton and 21% elastic nylon. Yum, not scratchy wool socks for me. Can't wait to use this yarn.


2 comments:

Jane said...

She is just adorable! And so is the little purse you made for her.
Happy Easter!
Jane

Anonymous said...

What a cute grand daughter! Happy belated easter, and this is just to say, I'm your secret Knitters Treat Exchange pal. I look forward to exploring your site more and selecting some goodies to send your way!

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks