Self

Self

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Ramblings on Knitting & Gardening

I have lots of knitting to finish within the next month for my plans stay on track but I need a couple of days break to help Mr. Rō put the house back in order now that he has finished painting. I have curtains to hem and hang for the bedroom but that will have to wait a little longer, don't think I'm up to dealing with that yet.

Yesterday after going to the post and mailing the ITE bag, we stopped by our local feed and seed store. I wanted to buy strawberry plants but they didn't have them in stock yet. They did have seed potatoes, a few collard plants, and a few 'bushes'. It always tells me something to hear someone call shrubs 'bushes', but we do live in the country now (or somewhat the country). I bought peat cups and disk and plan to sew some seeds later today and have them ready for transplanting as soon as it warms up enough. Our last frost date is March 15, only a week away, but generally we have a few late frosts; the weather will still be cold. I won't set out tomato plants until sometimes mid-to-late May. My brother will have tomato plants for me when we visit him in GA next month. I hope I can manage to get them back to VA on the plane but who knows now security being what it is; don't misunderstand me, I am thankful for the security. I use to fly to GA for a visit and come home with a shopping bag setting between my feet, full of plants. I do want to bring back some plants from the 'old home place' and from my sister's yards to go in the new gardens we have to create. I had lots of 'family' plants at the previous home and it was such a joy to care for them and remember each family member that gave them to us as we walked through the garden.

Now that the ITEIII bag is out of the way I have started knitting on another bag, as well as a biscuit cover and will knit a felted mitt to go with the biscuit cover. I will post pictures when there is more time and as I am nearer completion. I'd like to post some pictures of pervious projects if I am ever organized enough to do that.
I love seeing the projects on other blogs and hearing about the despair and accomplishments of others. My husband likes to tease that I pull out as much as I knit. Actually that isn't quiet true but I do like to have a completed project that I am proud of, one that is wearable if it is clothing, or one that doesn't reside in the closet because it turned out to be a circle instead of a square. Besides, the cost of yarn is such that I can't afford to throw it in the trash or hide it in a closet. So, for now I am back to knitting on the bag to be used as a gift to a GA relative next month.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Hi Garden Knitter! This is Rae. Donna is my mother. I just wanted to let you know that i am thankful that she had you as a partner. She called me everytime she heard from you. And I could barely understand her when she was decribing her bag. (yes, she was that excited) I truely hope that you two stay in contact. It was truely like Christmas for her.

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks