Self

Self

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire:

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire:
1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
I love natural fibers and want to try some of the newer fibers that have recently hit the market like corn, soy, bamboo, banana, and hemp.
2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?
There are too many fabulous yarns on the market to have a particular favorite but I do love soft fibers, nothing stiff or scratchy.
3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
Look and Listen. I want to see what they stock, the amount of variety, and the pricing, but probably more important to me is the people who work the shop. I want to see a knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly staff if I going to give them my business.
4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
I crochet, cross stitch, hand embroider, sew, bake, and live flower arranging. Do you count baking and flower arranging crafts or hobbies?
5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
I tend to change every year or so depending on how well I enjoy my subscriptions. At present I receive Fine Gardening, Horticulture, Interweave Knits, Knit n Style, and Knitter's
6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden Knitting, Garden, Home, Food, and Crochet, Fashion, Other Craft, Celebrity Gossip.
7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
I love knitting and felting hats and bags, love to knit and wear shawls, and enjoy knitting cardigans and pullovers. I have never knit a pair of socks or gloves but have knit and mittens.
8. Are you allergic to anything?
So far, no.
9. What do you like to* smell of?(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of) Nice clean smelling soaps.
10. What's your favourite way to relax?
Sitting in front of a fire or on the patio with husband, good friends and a good glass of wine.
11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
The dainty tea room.
12. What do you come out with?
A satisfied and relaxed feeling.
13. Where do you go next?
Home or on to whatever else is on the agenda. I wouldn't feel I needed any more food at this time.
14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
My motto is perseverance. It has served me well throughout life. I was taught this little poem in middle school and have often recited it to my children, nieces, and nephews hoping it would encourage them to never give up, but to keep going after what they wanted to accomplish.

Perseverance can you spell it
And it's meaning can you tell it
Trying once and twice and three times
Yes, a hundred and even more times
I can spell it, I can spell it
And it's meaning I can tell it.

No comments:

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks