Self

Self

Monday, December 1, 2008

Knitting for Christmas

I'm knitting away trying to get everyone a pair of socks knitted before Christmas. Actually, I'm doing quiet well providing nothing unexpected comes up to put a halt on things; I only have two pairs and one-and-a-half socks left to knit.

The next thing on my Christmas agenda is putting together gifts for my MNKG and TNKG. I like to have small, but useful gifts for these ladies just because I love each of them and its a small way to express it. I love being able to spend a couple of hours on Knit Nights talking about what is going on in our lives, laughing, and knitting together. We have a couple of young ladies (teenagers) that joins us sometimes and they too are great fun and great knitters; and, a three-generation family, teen, mother, and grandmother are a part of our Tuesday night group and on occasion are all there on the same night. How neat is that?

An update on my family - Little Dariana is not so little anymore, she turned four last month and we celebrated with a Princess Tea Party. Fifteen little girls dressed up like princesses (which they are) and having a real tea party together was delightful. What fun for the girls as well as the adults.

Son - home for Thanksgiving and we had a grand time baking and decorating the house together for Christmas. It would be wonderful if we could have him closer to home.

Daughter - working so hard and constantly traveling from one dialysis clinic to the next. She does and terrific job as administrator and won several awards last month for her work. She truly deserved each of them but I sometimes wonder, is all this hard work and travel really such a good thing. We support her 100% regardless.

Son-in-law - doing a terrific job of holding down the home-front and caring for our granddaughter while working forty hours and sometimes more each week. We appreciate him more than there are words to express it.

Hubby - happy in his retirement and being able to play in his iris beds everyday, or almost everyday, sometimes the weather prevents it. He is thinking he may register his first iris this year and hopes to find someone to introduce it for retail.

My siblings - a scary situation. Age is taking its toll on the older ones along with heart and cancer running a close race. Still, for the eight of us that remain on this earth, with me the youngest at 63, we're doing great. I still love to knit for each of them and each seems to enjoy the things I make for them.

Tonight is my MNKG gathering and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I can't wait to see how Nora is coming along on her socks. She asked me to teach her on the short circular needles than I mentioned before. We call Nora our rectangular knitter because we haven't been able to convince her she is ready to move forward. This is her first attempt and I'm anxious for it to be a success. Meanwhile, I have a zillion little things to get done but I'm off to get a pedicure before I tackle anything else.

2 comments:

picperfic said...

lovely to catch up on your news! I was only thinking about having a pedicure this morning!

Anonymous said...

Darianna is four??? How did that happen? Clover just turned 1 yesterday and I'm having trouble believing that!

I'm glad to see you posting again!

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks