Self

Self

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Entralac Stole Now Blocked


My entralac stole was finally completed and blocked before we left for the our last trip. I've worn it several times already and love it. Once completed and wet-blocked, it became soft and lost the scratchy texture that I found discouraging while I was knitting it. Although it was time consuming, I would knit another one, or some other project in entralac. In fact, my Tuesday night knit group wants me to teach them the 'how-to' in a knit-along for our group once the Jacobean bag is finished after Christmas. I'll be happy to share what I learned with the group and know they will enjoy knitting this project as much as I did. We have a couple of ladies in the group that loves and wears shawls almost as much as I do.

I have only a couple of rows left to knit before I bind off the Sara Punderson Alpaca Vest pattern project I've been knitting on. I should finish up tonight unless I find out I'm to go to SC again tomorrow and bring my sister back for Christmas with us. The trip is dreaded but having her here makes it worth the drive. I love her so dearly.

I have finished knitting another simple bag and it is ready for giving once it is felted, lined and a handle added. There are still several other projects 'setting'. waiting to be worked up. I can't wait for the holidays to be over so I can once again take to my recliner and knit the days away until spring approaches and the garden begins to call me.

6 comments:

picperfic said...

Hi June..you look so slim! That entelac scarf is beautiful..is it Lady Eleanor? What yarn did you use? I have just bought some noro transitions to make it with and now I've seen yours i am so inspired to start it but I have holiday knitting to finish! I must stop buying yarn, my poor old fingers can't keep up!

jopal said...

WOW! That is BEAUTIFUL! Great job!

dragon knitter said...

that is gorgeous!

i will say this about your felted stuff: i walked into target yesterday to pick up some coffee for miss v, and the girl behind the counter immediately remembered me because of my hat. guess what i was wearing, lol!

Anonymous said...

Holy moly!!! That's absolutely gorgeous! I really think you should wear it ALL the time! Congrats! You have a lot to be proud of!

Lushorama said...

Your shawl is absolutely beautiful - seeing yours has really inspired me to get on with finishing mine!!!

about said...

Thank Each of You for your nice comments. It is always nice to have someone make a pleasing comment on something you are proud of. Thanks so much for stopping by and come back often.

June
agardeningknitter

Counter

free web counter

Cardigan

Cardigan
DH'S Cardigan

Ruffled Shawl

Ruffled Shawl
Knitted Prayer Shawl with Crochet Ruffle

Knitting Class

Knitting Class
Teaching Co-workers to Knit

Wave & Shell Shawl

Wave & Shell Shawl

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Plum WIne (SDB-Iris) 04/01/07

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat

Chemo Hat
Peaches & Cream Yarn

Felted Hats

Felted Hats
Gray Hat Before Felting

Felted Hat

Felted Hat
Gray Hat After Felting

Baby's Hat

Baby's Hat
Dariana's Hat

ExchangeLinks